- Cornell's Dairy Acceleration Program
- Cornell's Dairy Farm Business Summary
- Cornell's Dairy Profit Monitor
- Calves & Heifers
- Grazing & Pasture Management
- Herd Health
- Housing & Facilities
- Laws & Regulations
- Manure & Nutrient Management
- Milk Quality
- Nutrition & Feeding
- Organic Dairy
- Pest Management
For generations, Oneida County's dairy industry has been a major contributor to the local economy, and it continues to be the County's agricultural mainstay.
Prudent investment for the long term and a deep-seated commitment to the needs of both the animals and the land allow local producers to continue to produce and market a wholesome, high quality product that consumers demand. Adoption of new technologies, continual improvement of farmers' skills, and exploration of new market opportunities are key to the continued vitality of our dairy industry.
The US dairy industry is govermed by a complex system of pricing and market mechanisms. For the latest information on the dairy market, click the following links:
- Dairy Market Watch
- How to read the Dairy Market Watch
- 2014 Farm Bill Resources
- VFD: Veterinary Feed Directive Information
- Understanding the New Margin Protection Program
- 2014 - 2018 Margin Protection Program
- Follow this link to an informational recording of one of the Margin Protection Program webinars given by Andy Novakovic
- OSHA Local Emphasis Program Updates
- Winter Spreading Guidelines
- Veterinary Feed Directive: Video Overview
- "Strategizing the Future"
For specific dairy management topics, click the links on the right.
And for more information on dairy farm business management, also visit the Farm Business Management page on this site.